3 Years

Games: 94
Highscores: 1
Mic: Yes
PSN ID: elemental40
Steam ID: elemental40
Wala: 22866

It's all about the girl on the cover.

It's been a while since I've done any reviews, and don't worry I'll still be doing them. I've had a lot of things to work out, and settle. Anyway, I'm back, and ready to do some more reviews, I will finish my "Games You Have Never Played" review series, but first I've got a couple of reviews to throw down. This particular review is my first ever DLC review, I felt as if this particular piece of DLC is important to the Final Fantasy XIII-2 story line. Here is my review for the last episodic DLC for FF XIII-2, Requiem of the Goddess.

Story:
If you have yet to beat FF XIII-2 then turn back now, because there will be some major spoilers coming up. Remember, you were warned. Requiem of the Goddess takes place after Serah's death, but before Lightning become a crystal statue on Etro's throne. The story reveals the events of what happens during that time period through Lightning's perspective. Lightning is thrown into what starts out as a never ending battle against Caius, but Lightning is determined to kill him once and for all. Lightning finally gets the chance to shine in this DLC episode, and once it's completed the player will unlock Armored Lightning as a party member.

Graphics:
The graphics are very well done for a DLC release, and it's no surprise seeing as how Final Fantasy titles have always been good in a visual stand point. However, there is some big chunky pixels here and there when the camera zooms in on Caius' sword, which isn't too bad, but it's kinda funky looking. The CG cutscenes are still marvelous to look at.

Gameplay:
There is no traveling in this game, but the DLC offers a leveling system for Lightning. At the start you'll get your butt handed to you by Caius, but you'll earn CP, and gain a level. There are ten levels total, and each time you gain a level you earn a new role, skill, gain hp, attack, magic, and even ATB segments. The fights aren't hard, until you fight Chaos Bahamut, which really keeps you on your toes. The only bad thing about this DLC battle system, is that you can't heal yourself with Medic class spells, but you are given 6 potions, and 1 Elixer at the start of each fight. There are 3 fights total, until Caius turns into Chaos Bahamut, so you are given quite a few chances to level up. The only major complaint I have is that the battle is no where near as epic as the fight in the beginning of the game. It's a little disappointing, but it's still a blast to play as Lightning again.

Soundtrack:
The soundtrack is still intense, and really sets the stage for the battle. As always Square Enix never fails with their soundtrack presentation.

Score:
Story: Fills a good gap in the FF XIII-2 story line, but still offers no closure to the end of the game. 8.5/10
Graphics: Some chunky pixels pop-in on certain objects when the camera zooms in, but all in all the visuals are still nice. 9/10
Gameplay: The fights are challenging, but not as impressive as the fights in the beginning of the game. The level system is a nice little bonus, but the removal of a Medic role is a bit of a drag. 8.5/10
Soundtrack: Still great, and delivers a nice mood to the cutscenes, and fights. 9.5/10

I give Requiem of the Goddess a 8.9/10. It's a nice 2 hour DLC bonus for FF XIII-2, and is worth the 5 dollars if you are really interested in the story.

Sig Maker, Game Reviewer, add me on Skype @ elementalXL

Item Shelf

SGC Wala Swag Trainer Red Dragon Sackboy Trophy Marathon Contender Warzone Wednesday Final Fantasy X

I'm currently playing: Final Fantasy X+X2, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

View my Games

PSN Trophies  Steam  Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]