I have been on a crusade to try to eliminate the DNS error for a few months now. Sony has poor tech support on this issue. Try the steps from this site, their router setup worked for me.PS3 Tech Supporthttp://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/index.htmlRouter Firewall Settingshttp://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/firewall.htmlPS3 Wired Connectionhttp://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/wired.htmlPS3 Wireless Connectionhttp://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/wireless.html===============================================
Online Gaming Firewall Rules and Ports
===============================================Battlefield: Bad Company
- UDP: destination port 18805 outbound.
- UDP: Source and destination port 10000 outbound + inbound.
- UDP: source ports 11000-11030 outbound.
Call of Duty 3
- UDP: destination ports 9651 - 9705 allow outbound + inbound.
- UDP: source and destination port 3074 allow outbound + inbound.
This game seems a bit tricky to configure because quite often it refuses connection to a game, with an error such as "Could not connect to hosting player" or "Could not connect to all players", but it would appear that could be down to individual firewall settings of the other players.Call of Duty 4
Colin Mcrae DiRT
- UDP: source and destination port 3074 allow outbound + inbound. (same as Call of Duty 3)
- UDP: source and destination port 3074 allow outbound + inbound. (same as Call of Duty 3)
- UDP: destination port 27900 outbound (without this port open the PS3 seems to reboot when attemping to download the update!)
- UDP: destination port 27901 outbound.
- UDP: destination port 27888 outbound.
- UDP: Source port 3658 allow outgoing.
Metal Gear Solid 4
- UDP: destination port 3074 outbound
- UDP: source and destination port 30004 outbound + inbound.
- TCP: destination port 5730 outbound + inbound (for game updates/downloads)
- UDP: destination port 5730 outbound + inbound.
- UDP: Source & Destination ports 3659 - 3660 allow outbound + inbound
N.B.MotorStorm can suffer from 'lag' in online games if the firewall settings are not quite correct.Rainbow Six Vegas
Resistance: Fall of Man
- UDP: Source and destination port 58080 allow outbound + inbound.
- Source UDP ports 6505 - 6999 allow outbound
- UDP: Destination ports 27900 +27901 allow outbound + inbound.
- UDP: Source and Destination port 7777 allow outbound + inbound.
- UDP: source ports 55255 - 55275 outbound.
It seems that Warhawk needs quite a few ports to be opened, to prevent the "this game is full" error messages preventing you from joining online games.
- UDP ports 6000 - 6499 to be open outgoing (incoming can be blocked) as well as outgoing UDP port 10029.
- TCP port 53346 should be open for outgoing connections.
Sony PS3 Error Codes - complete list in alpha numerical order
- Major Error , Game ability stopped80010006
- An error occurred during the start operation80010007
- An error occurred during the start operation80010014
- Has to do with downloading from the PSN, When you have
bought a game and this error occurs, please go to your "recently
downloaded/purchases" to download it first try.80010017
- Can’t start Blue ray Game80010036
- An error occurred during the delete operation error.8001050B
- Will not play demo hard drive games (when blue-ray disc is inserted) - cause unknown.8001050D
- An error occurred during the start operation; PS3 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - PS3 game inserted again80010510
- Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown80010514
- Disc error detected. Retrying operation. This error seems to be a bit of a mystery, but points to a probable hardware fault with the internal Blu-ray drive. This is a non serviceable part, so you should contact Sony and perhaps arrange for a replacement machine.
I'm wondering if it's perhaps dirt or dust getting into the drive (the PS3 does tend to attract dust quite readily) so you could try running a CD cleaner on the drive.80010516
- An error occurred during the start operation; Ps1 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - ps1 game inserted again. I've only seen this error a couple of times but seem to indicate a temporary problem with the Blu-ray drive. Perhaps the disc has not been inserted correctly. The message is usually "An error occurred during the start operation. (80010516)" when you first insert a disc. Select play again and it should work ok. 8002AD23
- The symptoms of this error are being repeatedly disconnected from the Playstation Network every so often. I'm not sure what causes this error because I've never encountered it myself.
However, there are some things you could try:-
- Make sure the firmware in your PS3 AND Router are up to date.
- Make sure your router is configured to stay connected permanently, so you should check things like 'nailed up connection', 'idle timeout' or 'stay connected' settings.
- Also check your router's firewall settings to ensure that you've allowed access to the PS Network (UDP ports 3658-3660)
- Demo / File cannot be overwritten. Delete original file to install.8002A10D
- Unable to Add friend in XMB8002A10E
- Trophy sync error8002A4A6
- Cannot load game to play online8002A515
- Error Signing in8002A548
- Unable to remain logged in - either to game or server - possible router problem8002A705
- Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.8002A71A
- Possible NAT Error , Can log onto Game Server but can't join
game and can't host game8002B241
- DVI has no audio.8002F994
- To many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.8002F997
- Can not update XMB firmware. Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive failed".8002292D
- Trophy sync error, may happen because of deleted game info.80028EA5
- Unknown - User cannot connect to PS3 network. Sony told the user to send the machine in.80028EA6
- Connection error , Possible Proxy error power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 minutes, then turn the modem back up
first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it
sync. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back switch up again. Then
make a new network connection.80028F1A
- PS2 Disc Error , invalbnnetcfg; network config error80028F10
- Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automatic, not Custom. I always had it on Custom before. Seems when you choose Automatic it allows the PS3 to select 50hz which is what you need for PAL games that don't support 60hz.80028F17
- PS2 disc Boot Error , An error occurred during the start
operation; PS2 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - Backup ps2 game inserted again (ps3rips)80028F18
- PS2 Disc Error, unsupported disc; ex. Utility discs, BB discs, IQ Remix game etc. ode).80028F19
- PS2 Disc Error , fsck; the internal PS2 disk got corrupted and I guess that you can use HDD utility disc to fix it80029C68
- Corrupt data usually on external device80029023
- Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out80029024
- "Cannot Obtain an IP address". The attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out80029301
- An error occurred during the delete operation (attempting to delete some ps2 homebrew from virtual memory card)80029513
- Copyright Violation when attempting to install game.80029516
- Sign in to PLAYSTATION-Network (needed for some games or Ps3 processes - have to sign in to use them)80029564
- Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown80029945
- Can’t playback burn BDr movie (error in picture above)80029946
- Attempting to play burnt Dual layer NTSC disc on a Pal ps3 (workarounds is to transfer files to ps3 via TVersity)8003041F
- An error occurred during the copy operation (using media server)8003051E
- Game will not Save80030920
- An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isn’t enough memory. Try copying data from original source.80031150
- System Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen "Setting
information is corrupted. Press the x button to repair and restore default"80031601
- Error Creating Account8013013E
- This is generally caused by an incompatibility between the PS3 wireless security and your router. Switch from TKIP to AES encryption if using WPA security. For more information, see my [url="http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/support/ps3/wireless.html"]wireless setup instructions[/url].80130203
- Generally indicates that your firewall is blocking certain ports and a NAT type can't be detected. Try opening UDP ports 3478 and 3479 (STUN). You should then be able to get a NAT type of 2. (see error 80710102)8013030
- System Error due to failed update download8013030F
- Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.80410A0B
- Internal PSP error, hardware fault. Send back to be
- DNS Error80710A06
- An error occurred during the install operation (error when downloading game from PSN - network error occurred80710B23
- PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond80710D23
- Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the
power toggle (not standby mode).80710016
- Playstation Network is down.80710092
- "An error has occurred. you've been signed out from the Playstation
network" - (connection dropped?)807101FF
- An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error This is a DNS error80710101
- Connection error80710102
- Usually caused when trying to get online for the first time and is caused by UDP ports 3478 and 3479 (STUN) being closed on your router. See my firewall configuration page for more details.8071053D
- Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back switch and remove the power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 minutes, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sync. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back switch up again. Then make a new network connection.80710541
- The connection to the server timed out. “ the x button to repair and restore default”80710723
- Possible Port Error - Try opening ports , TCP port: 80, 443,
5223 and UDP port: 3478, 3479, 3658. or add Ps3 to DMZ8077101FF
- "An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (8077101FF)" Again, this is caused by your firewall blocking UDP ports 3478 and 3479 (STUN).81019002
- Error copying saves from location A to location B not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.